1987 "Texas to Alaska Model T Adventure"
On June 12, 1987 a group of 8 Model T Fords left Bryan, Texas
on the longest Model T tour ever held. Eight other Model T
drivers joined the tour at various points along the route.
- Ben Hardeman, and his 9 year old daughter
Jennifer, from Bryan, Texas, driving a 1927 Touring Car.
- Merle & Irene Green from Vicksburg,
Michigan driving a 1927 Coupe.
- Ralph & Marcy Zajicek from Richardson,
Texas driving a 1921 Police Paddy Wagon.
- Carl & Mabel Giboney from Springfield,
Missouri driving a 1926 Coupe.
- Earl & Opal Robinson from Springfield,
Missouri driving a 1923 Center Door.
- Herald & Shirley Arnt and their son - Ole
from Union City, Michigan driving a 1927 Touring Car.
- Chet Zorn from Whitewater, Wisconsin driving
a 1927 Fordor.
- Z. L. & Mary Simpson from Pottsboro,
Texas driving a 1926 Tudor.
- Harold Wilson from Colorado Springs, Colorado driving a
1916 Touring. Colonel Wilson started the tour with the
main group, but left the tour in Tok, Alaska to drive to
the Arctic Ocean near Inuvik, Northwest Territory before
returning to his home in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Howard & Edith Kittelson from Louisburg, Minnesota
driving a 1926 Roadster. Kittelson's joined the tour in
Kent, Washington and left the tour in Hinton, B.C.
- Chris Egsgaardfrom Reseda, California driving a 1927
Roadster Pickup. Chris Eggsgard joined the tour in
Redding, California and left the tour in Salmon, Idaho.
Chris camped out most nights on the tour.
- Duane & Ginny Ludtke from Santee, California driving
a 1914 Touring. The Ludtke's joined the tour in Crescent
City, California and left the tour in Kalispell, Montana.
- Don & Judy Swart from Santee California driving a
1915 Roadster. The Swart's, who traveled with the
Ludtke's, joined the tour in Crescent City, California
and left the tour in Kalispell, Montana.
- Don Whissen from Denver, Colorado driving a 1914 Touring.
Don started the tour in Bryan, Texas with the main group,
but left the tour in Yellowstone, Montana.
- Tillman & Ruth Oblander from Ozark, Missouri driving
a 1927 Roadster Pickup. Oblander's joined the tour in
Kent, Washington and left the tour in Valley View, B.C.
- Perk & Betty Odell from Akron Colorado driving a 1927
Roadster Pickup. The Odell's joined the tour in
Hanksville, Utah and left the tour in Craig, Colorado.
- **Bob & Norma Johnson from Ontario, California
driving 1926 Roadster.
These participants made the entire round trip
of 10,400 miles driving and an additional 1,000 miles on
various ferry boats.
**The Johnson's Model T broke down before they ever joined
the tour and they wound up driving their modern car to
accompany the rest of the group. All 16 cars which joined the
tour completed their drive.
There were no support vehicles taken on the trip. Of the eight
Model T's who made the entire 10,400 mile trip from Bryan, Texas
and return, four of the cars never had a flat tire. One of the
cars had no breakdowns whatsoever, only having to change the oil.
Go to Texas T Parts Home
Back to Alaska
Tour Information Page